Saturday, August 8, 2020

Buncee, Flipgrid, and Waklet Oh MY!!!!

What a whirlwind week it has been.. 
Buncee - Community Building - See the slide deck

I was happy to present and share ideas about building community with students and families from the beginning. Family and student engagement is going to be critical this year like never before. The students and families have been traumatized by COVID and the resulting after effects in our communities. It is crucial that all teachers plan for SEL every day and every lesson. 
It sounds like a cliche but it is so true "Maslow before Bloom" They can't retain information if they do not feel emotionally safe. There were a lot of questions but once I got over my fear I was able to step out and speak my truth about this very important topic. They need to know they matter and the parents need to feel like you care about them.
Opening with collaborative getting to know activities is crucial. Building connections and building relationships. 

The next was Giving Voice to Wakelet with Flipgrid 
Again ways to connect with others be they colleagues or students. Wakelet is an awesome tool BOOKMARK, CURATE/ORGANIZE, and SHARE all within one app. The uses are really only limited by your imagination. When you add FLIPGRID to it now it adds that authentic voice where you can have a discussion with the other collaborators. 

It was a whirlwind week and I was living in my purpose building up educators giving them edtech tools to build up our students and give them voice. My mission is to make education more inclusive making sure that educators are aware of the tools out there to enhance instruction. Modeling, coaching, encouraging them to be their best self. 

My last entry was on being rejected for MIEExpert. This gave me the push to resubmit. Whether or not I get in the program is not going to stop my mission or me training, guiding, leading other educators into the digital age where they have access to tools for OUR students. Even if I don't teach them they are still mine. We can't teach them until we know they're ok so first make sure they are ok and then get it with instruction using these same tools. 

Let's Get It!!! Each one teach one!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment below and follow me on twitter @vlowe144