Saturday, July 11, 2020

EdTech Burnout

I know what this is now... This new world that I have entered has brought with it some amount of stress keeping up with everything it consumes your life. Today I missed the very first Google Educator Coach Book Study group. How did I do that??? Running around making sure my Microsoft Innovator Educator Expert application was right. Making sure my Google Innovator application was right. Was I passionate enough? Was I split between the two icons? I don't know but I do know they are both done. 
This made me reflect was I in it for the badges? Was I going left again? 

This I went to a book club for ... WOW!!! Is all I can say the universe redirected me back to my purpose. It ALL mattered. I must push through radically to get my message out there and to be a positive conduit for students who look like me to get what they deserve. This is the time. I have to be like my ancestors put on my big girl pants and push through. This is the season to finally address systemic racism in institutions of learning and to do that we need the tools. I need this platform to speak for them. I need this platform to train others so that we are not "left behind". 
Amazon.com: We Want to Do More Than Survive: Abolitionist Teaching ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment below and follow me on twitter @vlowe144