Thursday, July 9, 2020

Google vs. Microsoft Hmmm!!! Am I Cheating????

I just got my Trainer certification for Google and I am a Microsoft Innovative Educator Trainer. Before getting the Google Trainer status I was helping people with Google but not really formally training people. Whereas, with Microsoft I have been conducting formal trainings for about a month. 

My insight after being trained on both and training on both. At first I felt that I had to choose between the two. I DON'T. I have found that I can use them both. There are some activities that I would use Microsoft, particularly math with OneNote, and some I would use Google for the ease of use for the students. They both have basic word processing, spreadsheet, slideshow capabilities. Now within that there are differences. 
In Microsoft I feel like they are WAY advanced in the accessibility features. In Google the ease of use for students can't be beat. Would I choose one over the other I think not!!! I evaluate my learning goal and look at which tool will help me reach that goal. Additionally, I have had students work on research task and some do it in Google Sites (higher functioning) and some do it in Google Sway (lower functioning) based on the needs of the students.

So to answer the question I started with NO I am not cheating I will use that tool that best meets the needs of my students for the particular task at hand. I am lucky my district is Microsoft but they have a Google integration so my students have access to both and that is ultimately the goal. #Studentchoice the best tool for them to find their #studentvoice. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment below and follow me on twitter @vlowe144