Friday, July 31, 2020

Rejected for MIEExpert NOW WHAT!!

I am feeling all kinds of emotions right now. I thought that one was the lock but I looked at what they included:
Have your posted ed tech helpful tips and tricks on social media to share your expertise with others?
If I am honest with myself I have not. I am still in the learner phase and too scared to share my stuff out there. I am not discouraged but I feel like I have the information I need to be ready for the next cohort. I still have work to do. I congratulated sincerely the people that were accepted but when I look at their profile and what they are doing they are innovators and not afraid to let people know it.
I didn't want to blog this but when I searched rejected by MIEExpert nothing came up maybe this will come up for someone else. I am documenting my journey and this is part of the journey. It doesn't mean no it means not yet. I am working on it. 
I presented for the first time about Google Forms and differentiated instruction in the GEG Virtual on Youtube so I have started. 
I am presenting next week for BUNCEE (Community Building) and for TeachMeetNJ (Using Wakelet with Flipgrid to Build Community) so I am getting my voice out there. I was selected to present for ISTE - Adobe Sparks Digital Storytelling in October so I am still in baby stops. I have a small group that I am training for Google Certified Educator Level 1 and Microsoft tools so again baby steps. 

Now it is my turn to create and I started this blog saying that our students and teachers were consumers not creators now it is my time to create, but first I had to get the knowledge. I'm not done learning that is life long but it definitely time to put some of this into visible evidence of learning. 

I celebrate where I am in my progress. This is not a race to the finish line because there is no end. I have to remember this is not for me it is for the students that I teach and the educators that I encounter to help them be the best that they can be. 

When I post now I want to include artifacts:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment below and follow me on twitter @vlowe144