Saturday, June 27, 2020

From ELA to TechEla in the Pandemic

Rude Awakening

Wow!! A few months ago I was a total edtech newbie. But then .... the pandemic, remote learning!!!! I was forced to shift on a moments notice. We left school on March 17th saying have a good weekend and then Sunday night we were notified that schools would be closed for an indefinite period an we would move 1.1 million students to remote learning.  Teachers were told to report to work Tues - Fri to set up for remote learning. 👀👀

"What was that...? What would it look like? How will I teach? How will I get to my resources at school? What happens now in education?" ⁇⁇ These were all the questions swirling in my head. 

On Tuesday we were told that we would be using Google Classroom and to set it up!!! Huh!!

The Journey Begins

I immediately went online to get information on Google Classroom. This began my Google journey. I found https://edu.google.com/teacher-center/programs and started taking courses. This led me to the Google Certified Educator program. I went through the course module and said I got this and signed up for the test and got this notified after taking the test FAIL!!!! How could this be I have never failed a test in my life??? That set up my resolve and determination to not let this stop me. I knew that I could not be an effective remote teacher if I didn't have the skills. I practiced and actually created forms, slides, blogs, etc. to experience using these tools. A very long two weeks later I passed and decided why not Level 2. This began my journey into edtech. 

Where Am I Now....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment below and follow me on twitter @vlowe144